U.S. HANDS OFF SYRIA! Sunday, April 15, 2-4 pm – Herald Square, NYC [FaceBook]
This was an interesting adventure, glad we made a last minute decision to head down to Herald Square to catch the bait and switch escapades of the American Marxist tools.
The usual memes polluted the the air: “Out of the Middle East! End U.S. Aid to Israel! Solidarity with Gaza!End U.S. Wars @ Home & Abroad” [FaceBook]
Speakers included Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, Ajamu Baraka of the Black Alliance for Peace, Chris Silvera, Secretary Treasurer of Teamsters Local 808 and many others …. We Are United! (8 short videos in the play list)
The Marxist palaver rang through the air from speaker after speaker (and was also passed out to the unknowing passersby.) See pdf of the Workers World:World
- Oppose all U.S. wars, nuclear threats, sanctions, coups and bases
- Fund Human Needs, Not Endless Wars
* Solidarity with oppressed peoples under attack at home and oppressed people all around the world [SpringAction2018.org]
The CPUSA (Communist Party USA) … and Friends … ranted for two hours, supposedly about U.S. HANDS OFF SYRIA (Out of the Middle East).
But, it was more obviously an anti-U.S. meme, not just a plea to end all war.
The TRUTH squared: oppose all things Western, Capitalist, U.S based and of course, Israeli.
The Good News: American Patriots were there countering the Marxist lies. Patriot Jim McDonald was interviewed a couple of times, once by a Marxist passerby pretending to be reasonable.
Another interview with Jim McD was with Radio wNYC.
More from the Marxists and their anti, anti everything message: UNACpeace.org called for:
- End U.S. overt and covert wars, drone wars, sanction/embargo wars and death squad assassination wars.
- Close all U.S. bases on foreign soil. Dismantle all nuclear weapons.
- Bring all U.S. troops home now. Self-determination, not military intervention. U.S. hands off the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- End military aid to apartheid Israel. Self-determination for Palestine. The U.S. cannot be the cop of the world.
- $Trillions for human needs … for jobs and social services, quality, debt-free education and single payer health care. No to anti-union legislation. For $15 and a union now.
- Defend the environment against life-threatening, fossil-fuel-induced global warming. For a just transition to a 100 percent clean, sustainable energy system at union wages for all displaced workers.
- No to white supremacy, police brutality/murder. End racist mass incarceration. Black Lives Matter.
- No human being is illegal. No to mass deportations. Yes to DACA [Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program] and TPS [temporary protective status].
- End all Wars at Home and Abroad! [unacpeace.org]
Scroll through a Flickr slide show of the COMMUNIST RALLY/PROTEST, where NO American Patriots were welcomed.
The signs and banners, a mind-numbing example of what our media and educational institutions swallow as fact from the agit-prop machine of anarchy.
Some personal observations. At 1:45, the Communist sympathizers quietly assembled in front of Macy’s at 34th and Broadway. Hip-hop type music was blasted as this happy group of anarchists greeted each other; smiling, laughing.
I was left unchallenged (in a public square) for easily 30 minutes or more. Usually Sara Flounders (of IAC) assigns someone to chase me away (today this didn’t happen til about 3:15 pm) So, I wandered, taking pictures of the many signs.
The protest is supposed to be about SYRIA, but sign after sign regurgitates all the many familiar anti-U.S. and anti-Israel memes.
Then I saw our eponymous patriot, Jim McD boldly going where many in Manhattan fear to go: offering support for President Trump AND for AMERICA. I watched Jim and the Commies for about 15 minutes and then … Patriots of many colors and ages began to join him!
Eventually, the anti-Capitalistas surrounded the Patriots with the agit-prop signs and Syrian 2-star flags (the Commies are not represented by the Syrian 3-star flag) while spirited exchanges – some actually civil- took place for about an hour. (No police seemed concerned by the swarming of the patriots.)
The swarming was finally addressed around 3:25 pm. The police began to build a ‘wall’ of barricades – separating both sides with a never ending stream of police barricades. (Seemed a bit late since the march to Trump Tower would begin in about 30 minutes) But the separation of the factions – the push-back was on ….
Some final thoughts from the LEFT on why they gathered this day and their “ALL OUT AGAINST WAR! STOP U.S. Bombing of Syria” campaign.
“The bombing of Damascus is underway. With no legal authority and in clear violation of international law, the Trump Administration has started its criminal attack on the people of Syria with the largest U.S. Navy task force, including U.S. nuclear aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines, since the attack on Iraq in 2003. Trump and the Pentagon’s criminal attack on Syria endangers us all.
It is time for all of us to express our strong opposition to the U.S. bombing of Syria and the endless U.S. wars.The time is now to return to the street to make our voices heard … to challenge the war makers and defend humanity. The future is in our hands. Not Another War!”
[Pictures and Videos Property of Pamela Hall]
Next up will be May 1 – May Day – aka COMMIE Day… USA (see Workers World)