Part Two continues covering the Humanity for Peace Memorial (Part 1)
“Was this a peace memorial or a political campaign, crusade, drive, grassroots movement, lobby, and/or a popular front.
Aug 6, 2023 in Dag Hammarsköld Plaza, across from the U.N. with Hiroshima/Nagasaki as the forgotten step-child.
One of the many sponsors was Caleb Maupin (Center for Political Innovation)
“The crisis facing the United States, exacerbated by the pandemic, is rooted in the capitalist system. The US has embraced insane, libertarian neo-liberal economics. [ …] The public is viewed by the ruling elite as an obnoxious horde to be controlled and managed. The United States and the rest of the world are being reduced to greater poverty, in order to ensure that a clique of big bankers and international monopolies can stay at the top of a global high-tech economy. The danger of a new world war hangs over the USA, as it threatens countries like China, Russia, Iran, and Venezuela.”
Caleb Maupin represents the younger generation and their dedication to Socialism. Caleb seems to be one of the many who supports La Rouche/Schiller in tandem with hard Left / Socialist/Communist cohorts.
A previous post re Socialism and the Left (2018) Caleb for 16 minutes walks the streets of NY while tracing the economic history of socialism and why capitalism is the problem .
Flickr Slide Show Part 2 – More banners posters the crowd was promoting. (see Part 1 for more pics)
A Reparation demand made by one protestor : Japan/Korea
- To unite all democratic minded, peace loving people in the USA into a national united front against fascism and war.
- To provide a peoples’ response to state sponsored terrorism and violence in our communities.
- To demand an agenda for social justice
- To fight corruption
- To demand accountability and transparency from our elected representatives.
- To bring corporate domination of our economy to an end.
- To establish peoples’ councils in every community with authority to enforce laws that protect the people from abuse of authority
Gas deliveries ceased in September 2022 following the destruction of three of the pipe lines and sanctions linked to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. As of February 2023, there is no conclusive evidence of who carried out the sabotage despite three separate investigations by Denmark, Germany, and Sweden.
Six commercial maglev systems are currently in operation around the world. One is located in Japan, two in South Korea, and three in China. Jul 13, 2023
There are several disadvantages to maglev trains:
– Maglev guide paths are more costly than conventional steel railway tracks. Because the magnetic coils and material used in this setup are very costly.
– Maglev trains require an all-new set up right from the scratch. It is hard to be done as well as costly.
– As present railway infrastructure is of no use for maglev, it will either have to be replaced with the maglev system or an entirely new set up will have to be created; both of them will need a huge amount of cost for initial investments.
– Although maglev is pretty quiet, noise caused by air disturbance still occurs.
– Maglev trains are feasible only in urban areas.
China is now the proud parent of a National Maglev Transportation Technology Research Center. The revered Chengdu Aircraft Industry Cooperation (CAC) in South Central China is also dedicating significant resources to maglev. China now has its own research programmes and says that it can do maglev better and cheaper than Germany or Japan. The growing number of maglev enthusiasts hope that its optimism is not unfounded. For now, the future of maglev seems likely to rest on these Oriental entrepreneurs” (These trains are very costly )
The BRICS group of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa has emerged as a formidable economic and geopolitical power.
In 2006, the foreign ministers of Brazil, Russia, India, and China met for the first time … marking the beginning of BRIC cooperation…. In 2011, with South Africa officially becoming a member, BRIC was enlarged to BRICS. …in 2017, China successfully hosted the BRICS Xiamen Summit.
How long will the dollar last as the world’s default currency? The BRICS nations are gathering in South Africa this August with it on the agenda.
Across from the park I saw these dissenters
Recently, he launched a tour of his new book, “Disarmament in the time of the Perestroika,” in Russia, and presented it in cities such as Kazan, Irkutsk and Yekaterinburg. The book, he claims, aims to warn the US public about not seeking out escalations with Russia which could lead to a nuclear attack and insists the Western public has forgotten how difficult it was to achieve these agreements in the first place. [Euro-News 2023]
“Recently, he launched a ferocious debate after publishing an article alleging the US had bombed the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. The controversial gas route through the Baltic Sea was supposed to circumvent countries like Ukraine and Poland – Russia’s main political opponents even before the invasion — in delivering gas to the western part of the continent.“
Hoping for PEACE
Are we there yet.