For Immediate Release
For more information, contact: Ben Lerner
Center for Security Policy
NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP CONVENES EXPERT PANEL TO EDUCATE ON DANGERS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA’S U.S. DISARMAMENT AGENDA
(Washington, D.C.): On the occasion of President Obama’s signature of a flawed “New START” treaty with Russia and the eve of a Nuclear Summit in Washington,the New Deterrent Working Group – a group of nuclear weapons experts with decades of experience in the U.S. military, U.S. government service, and defense policy –will be convening a Capitol Hill press briefing on the dangers of Mr. Obama’s nuclear disarmament agenda for the United States.
When: Thursday 8 April, 12:00 pm (lunch will be served)
Where: Room SVC 202/203, Capitol Visitors Center
The NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP panel will feature the following experts:
Hon. Paula DeSutter
Former Assistant Secretary of State – Bureau of Verification, Compliance and Implementation
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy (Acting)
President, GeoStrategic Analysis, Inc.
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons, Jr.
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet
Vice Admiral Robert Monroe
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Director, Defense Nuclear Agency; Former Director of Navy Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E)
The panel will address, among other subjects:
In announcing this event, Frank J. Gaffney, Jr., founder and President of the Center for Security Policy which sponsors the New Deterrent Working Group, said:
President Obama’s fixation with “devaluing nuclear weapons” has prompted him to adopt policies, to take programmatic actions and to sign a flawed new arms control treaty that will leave the United States and its allies significantly less secure. The New Deterrent Working Group looks forward to providing some badly needed perspective on the true nature and grave risks associated with the President’s denuclearization agenda – with a view to laying the groundwork for a much-needed course correction in what promise to be eventful months ahead – including the Nuclear Summit, the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference and Senate consideration of what would better be described as the ‘False START’ treaty.
The Center for Security Policy is a non-profit, non-partisan national security organization that specializes in identifying policies, actions, and resource needs that are vital to American security and then ensures that such issues are the subject of both focused, principled examination and effective action by recognized policy experts, appropriate officials, opinion leaders, and the general public.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Linda Sarsour: She’s baack (demands 1st amendment, peaceful assembly)
- Socialists’ General Strike. May Day 2020: DON’T WORK!
- “Linda Sarsour: We Are Not Here to Be Bystanders” (before the pandemic)
- “It Came from CHINA” (the stealth virus grows) as NYC deconstructs
- “Womens Strike” NYC on International Women’s Day 2020
- “Don’t Extradite Assange!” Global Protest by NYC Marxists
- Leftists demand #No Business With ICE : Dignity Not Detention (for illegals)
- Leftists claim GOP Destroys Democracy at Columbus Circle : “Take it Back”!
- #FTP3 on #J31 Commies Protest POLICE at Grand Central
- Women’s Alliance March on NYC : “Come Rise and ROAR with us” in 2020
- Rise & Resist Commies Protest “Sycophat” Nikki Haley at Federalist Society Gala
- “No Hate,No Fear” Solidarity March – NYC 2020
- Soc/Commie New Yorkers Say #NoWarWithIran – Jan 9, 2020
- Sarsour Solidarity Fraud : Anti-Zionism = Anti-Semitism (Grand Army Plaza)
- CODE PINKOs ” Lush Out Of Saudi” Month Action comes to a close