For Immediate Release
For more information, contact: Ben Lerner
Center for Security Policy
NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP CONVENES EXPERT PANEL TO EDUCATE ON DANGERS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA’S U.S. DISARMAMENT AGENDA
(Washington, D.C.): On the occasion of President Obama’s signature of a flawed “New START” treaty with Russia and the eve of a Nuclear Summit in Washington,the New Deterrent Working Group – a group of nuclear weapons experts with decades of experience in the U.S. military, U.S. government service, and defense policy –will be convening a Capitol Hill press briefing on the dangers of Mr. Obama’s nuclear disarmament agenda for the United States.
When: Thursday 8 April, 12:00 pm (lunch will be served)
Where: Room SVC 202/203, Capitol Visitors Center
The NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP panel will feature the following experts:
Hon. Paula DeSutter
Former Assistant Secretary of State – Bureau of Verification, Compliance and Implementation
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy (Acting)
President, GeoStrategic Analysis, Inc.
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons, Jr.
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet
Vice Admiral Robert Monroe
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Director, Defense Nuclear Agency; Former Director of Navy Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E)
The panel will address, among other subjects:
In announcing this event, Frank J. Gaffney, Jr., founder and President of the Center for Security Policy which sponsors the New Deterrent Working Group, said:
President Obama’s fixation with “devaluing nuclear weapons” has prompted him to adopt policies, to take programmatic actions and to sign a flawed new arms control treaty that will leave the United States and its allies significantly less secure. The New Deterrent Working Group looks forward to providing some badly needed perspective on the true nature and grave risks associated with the President’s denuclearization agenda – with a view to laying the groundwork for a much-needed course correction in what promise to be eventful months ahead – including the Nuclear Summit, the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference and Senate consideration of what would better be described as the ‘False START’ treaty.
The Center for Security Policy is a non-profit, non-partisan national security organization that specializes in identifying policies, actions, and resource needs that are vital to American security and then ensures that such issues are the subject of both focused, principled examination and effective action by recognized policy experts, appropriate officials, opinion leaders, and the general public.
- 230,410 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Citywide Alliance Against Displacement Demands Mayor de Blasio Step Down (again)
- March For “Truth” and Rally to Build the Wall
- March Against Sharia Vs Pro Sharia Anarchists – June 10, 2017 – NYC
- Protest Linda Sarsour Keynote Address Outside Apollo Theatre
- Celebrate Israel Parade 2017 – Protests Amidst the Happiness
- #CancelSarsour Protest a Great success, May 25th, 2017
- Chinatown Displacement, Armenian Genocide and Falun Dafa Persecution
- “NO! to KKK Jeff Sessions’ Mandatory Sentencing!” Protest NYC
- Cry Baby Left Protests Trump’s Intrepid Speech
- 100 Days : #TheResistance vs Thank You Pres. Trump Patriots NYC
- May Day NYC Commie Day – REVOLUTION 2017
- # I Stand with Linda (Sarsour) Presser NYC City Hall
- Leftists March for “Science” and other Climate-mania
- STOP Muslim Activist Linda Sarsour Keynote Speaker at CUNY Graduation
- Marxists Host April 15 Tax Day March – NYC