For Immediate Release
For more information, contact: Ben Lerner
Center for Security Policy
NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP CONVENES EXPERT PANEL TO EDUCATE ON DANGERS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA’S U.S. DISARMAMENT AGENDA
(Washington, D.C.): On the occasion of President Obama’s signature of a flawed “New START” treaty with Russia and the eve of a Nuclear Summit in Washington,the New Deterrent Working Group – a group of nuclear weapons experts with decades of experience in the U.S. military, U.S. government service, and defense policy –will be convening a Capitol Hill press briefing on the dangers of Mr. Obama’s nuclear disarmament agenda for the United States.
When: Thursday 8 April, 12:00 pm (lunch will be served)
Where: Room SVC 202/203, Capitol Visitors Center
The NEW DETERRENT WORKING GROUP panel will feature the following experts:
Hon. Paula DeSutter
Former Assistant Secretary of State – Bureau of Verification, Compliance and Implementation
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy (Acting)
President, GeoStrategic Analysis, Inc.
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons, Jr.
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet
Vice Admiral Robert Monroe
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Former Director, Defense Nuclear Agency; Former Director of Navy Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E)
The panel will address, among other subjects:
In announcing this event, Frank J. Gaffney, Jr., founder and President of the Center for Security Policy which sponsors the New Deterrent Working Group, said:
President Obama’s fixation with “devaluing nuclear weapons” has prompted him to adopt policies, to take programmatic actions and to sign a flawed new arms control treaty that will leave the United States and its allies significantly less secure. The New Deterrent Working Group looks forward to providing some badly needed perspective on the true nature and grave risks associated with the President’s denuclearization agenda – with a view to laying the groundwork for a much-needed course correction in what promise to be eventful months ahead – including the Nuclear Summit, the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference and Senate consideration of what would better be described as the ‘False START’ treaty.
The Center for Security Policy is a non-profit, non-partisan national security organization that specializes in identifying policies, actions, and resource needs that are vital to American security and then ensures that such issues are the subject of both focused, principled examination and effective action by recognized policy experts, appropriate officials, opinion leaders, and the general public.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Stand For Choice from Columbus Cir to Union Sq: No to Vaccine/Mask /Passport Mandates
- End Jew Hatred challenges ‘pali’ Die-in Lies at Grand Central NYC
- Jan 6 Political Prisoners of Biden Admin File Formal Complaint w/ UN Human Rights Committee
- NY Union Leaders Taking de Blasio’s Vaccine Passport/Mandate to Court
- Rally to Support Israel’s Right To Defend Against Terror at WTC7
- Pro-Israel Rally : Stand Up Against Terror – NYC (5-12-21)
- Ben & Jerrys boycott Jews in Israel : STOP Jew Hate
- “Globalize the Intifada” anti-Zionists outside NYC Israeli Consulate
- March on Gracie Mansion: Say No to Vaccine Passports!
- Justice For Jan 6 – Free Political Prisoners NOW – Foley Square NYC
- Rise & Resist Leftists Protest Rep. Lee Zelden outside NY Metro Rep. Club
- Peoples Medical Freedom Rally – NY City Hall – Aug 9, 2021
- NYC is alive with Peoples Marches for Medical Freedom
- Anti-Israel Protestors countered by PRO Israel supporters- May 11, 2021
- Protest Vaccine Passports at “Springsteen on Bdwy”