Which party is more corrupt? Maybe you’ve seen lists. The National Taxpayer’s Union has a pretty good list http://www.ntu.org/main/press.php?PressID=343.
The NTU’s gripe, though, is not which party is more corrupt, but that Congressmen who are convicted felons continue to collect their very generous congressional pensions.
- Nick Mavroules (D-MA). Tax evasion, accepting illegal gratuity, 1992.
- Albert Bustamante (D-TX). Racketeering, 1993.
- Carroll Hubbard (D-KY). Fraud and corruption, 1994.
- Carl Perkins (D-KY). Fraud, 1994.
- Charlie Rose (D-NC). Agreed to pay fine for financial disclosure irregularities, 1994.
- Larry Smith (D-FL). Tax evasion, 1994.
- Dave Durenberger (R-MN). Financial disclosure misdemeanor, 1995.
- Walter Fauntroy (D-DC Delegate). Financial disclosure misdemeanor, 1995.
- Gerald Kleczka (D-WI). Convicted of DWI, 1987. Arrested for DWI, 1990 and 1995.
- Mel Reynolds (D-IL). Sexual misconduct, 1995.
- Walter Tucker (D-CA). Extortion, 1995.
- Charles Wilson (D-TX). Agreed to pay fine to Federal Election Commission, 1995.
- Joe Kolter (D-PA). Fraud and conspiracy, 1996.
- Dan Rostenkowski (D-IL). Mail fraud, 1996.
- Wes Cooley (R-OR). Lying about war record in official voter pamphlet, 1997.
- Jay Kim (R-CA). Campaign finance violations, 1998.
- Mary Rose Oakar (D-OH). Financial disclosure irregularities, 1998.
- Austin J. Murphy (D-PA). Voter fraud, 1999.